Monday, January 29, 2018

Disciples of the Lord are Defenders of Marriage

So my major in school is Marriage and Family Therapy. As I have studied this topic I have found the statistics and case studies and just overall information fascinating. I loved everything that I have learned.
This semester I am taking a class that focuses specifically on marriage and everything socially and politically associated with that. For this class, I am required to keep this blog. I think that will be quite interesting since I am a person that has very strong feelings on marriage, and believe fully in The Family: A Proclamation to the World, released by the prophet and apostles of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I believe that marriage is ordained of God. I believe it was created and instituted by him as the best way to carry out His Plan of Salvation. I don't think marriage is a social or political concept that can mean whatever you want, and be displayed and recognized in whatever way the world feels is correct. In our world today, this is a very unpopular and persecuted opinion to have. But that doesn't scare me. God is greater than the world. He gave us our life, and He gave us this earth, and He gave us everything we hold dear. With all these blessing He also gave us commandments and guidelines and when we make choices contrary to these, it displeases God, and there are consequences and punishments.
Marriage is for the family. Marriage is ordained of God because it is the perfect way in which to bring children into the world and to raise them. Marriage between a man and a woman. This is the way, and anything else is contrary to nature and contrary to God. To really believe in God, and understand Him and his ways, is to understand this. There is no way around it. You cannot profess faith in God, and a desire to live His way and be His disciple and then disregard His very specific feelings on marriage and family.
To be a disciple of God is to be a defender of marriage. Anything else is hypocrisy.
So with this blog, I intend to be a defender of marriage as God has defined it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment