Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Honey I'm Home...

So this last week, (presidents day weekend) I went home and surprised my family. They had no idea I was coming and I think it blew their minds. I have been planning this surprise visit for over a month and it took all my self control to not tell my mom every time we were on the phone. But her reaction made it totally worth it :)


It was a 12 hour drive straight through the night. I left from Rexburg on Thursday around 5pm and arrived in Tacoma on Friday around 5am. Let me tell you it was wonnnnderrrfulll.....or something. Needless to say by the time I arrived at my house I was not only super excited to see my family but also just really excited to not be in the car anymore.











Once I got home, I had everything planned out. I still had my keys so I was just going to walk in and be like "hhheeeyyyy" but seeing as how I was getting there at 5 in the morning that wasn't really going to work out. So I just decided to crash at a friends and then catch a ride home at a more reasonable time. That wonderful friend and my lovely picture-taker was Hannah Anstine

  

So when I did finally get home, my littlest brothers Calvin and Finner, didn't really know what was going on they were a little confused, as you can see by their faces. And Papa Barry was just a little confused as well, but he adjusted much quicker then the others.







Some of the responses from my other siblings were quite funny as well. I picked Kohl up from school and when he got into the car he looked at me and said, "What are you doing here?" Which if you know Kohl this is exactly what I expected him to say. When I picked Payson up he said, "Did you fail school?" No, Payson I did not fail school, but thanks. Haha.

So to say the least it was an eventful weekend, with lots of fun and catching up. I missed my family like crazy and surprising them was priceless, even though it was a 12hr drive there. I hope they know how much I miss them when I'm not there and how much I love them all the time!




No comments:

Post a Comment