Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Land of the Mormons

So the last weekend of March, me and a couple of my roommates went down to Fruit Heights, Utah. While down there I did some of the best things I have ever done in my whole LIFE! So I'll take you through the weekend one major event at a time. First off, we stayed and Shannon's parent's house. They were basically pretty awesome and I kind of adopted them as my own. So we got there on Thursday nights, and that night we went and saw THE HUNGER GAMES at midnight....Let me just tell you that it blew my freakin' mind hole. I cried, I laughed, I peed. I mean a movie has to be really good to make you piddle in your pants. Not to mention the fact that we made basically amazing shirts. They made the whole experience way better! so that was the first night.
at the movie!

One the next day, Friday, we didn't really have any plans, so I got to see some people that I haven't seen in awhile. My little cousin Roxy, the daughter of my late Uncle Doug. I miss her. She's already 12 and in young women's and it's crazy, I remember when she was born!
I also was able to see my Aunt Penny. I love her to pieces. We went and got our nails done and had some much needed girl time. I miss her like crazy. So it was awesome to see her.

Then I just went to Salt Lake and did some window shopping and hung out with the roommates and walked around the exquisite Temple Square. It's extremely hard to not feel the spirit when you are there. On our way home that night we may have gotten a little confused about the transits and how to get home...did I mention that Shannon wasn't there, and the three of us had no idea how to get around Salt Lake...sooo that caused a little delay, but then we figured it all out and arrived back at Shannon's safe and sound.


Now, on to Saturday. Basically I became Hindi for the day and went and celebrated The Festival of the Colors. This is basically a Hindi tradition celebrating the God of Spring...Holi. The ironic thing is that probably %80 of the people there are Mormon. So we aren't really celebrating another god we're just having funny and listening to some live music and of course, throwing colors at everyone in sight, and getting completely dirty. It was so fun! Almost as fun as blowing out a rainbow of boogies the week following. Anyway, here are some of the pictures :)




So basically, it was a really good weekend, and I give Shannon props for coming up with it. It was a much needed stress relief the week before finals, and it was just a blast :) I love these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment