Sunday, May 11, 2014

Oh you know, see you in 15 Fast Sundays - Jan 6, 2014

Hello Ladies and Gents,
It is crazy to think I have come to another p day already. Time is a weird thing on the mission. Anyway, I only have 15 more fast Sundays on the mission. Weird right! Another weird thing, I will be 22 when I come home. Jeez. So yes, on that note. This week has flown by but unfortunately hasn't been exceedingly productive. We're not allowed to proselyte on holidays. And we had to be home at 7 on New Year's Eve. Which was fine, because besides the anticipation of all the drunks, the roads were also terrible, the snow was worse than it has been the whole time I have been here. And guess who is the designated driver in the snow....this girl. But that's only because driving in the snow doesn't freak me out. Then the roads got so bad we weren't allowed to leave at all..so we walked....hence the video. And it just kept snowing....I have never seen snow just keep falling like that...for days. But the nice thing is when it snows it isn't as cold. The snow has stopped now though and so the temperature has plummeted...and on the week we don't have a car. So we're anticipating not leaving much this week, because you're not suppose to be outside very much when it is 0 or below which it's suppose to be all week. Especially because of the wind. So 16hrs of studying. Maybe I will perfect my Spanish! Haha which on that topic is coming along. It doesn't really stress me out. I can understand the general concept people are talking about, and I can express myself well enough for now. I can actually speak better than l thought. Plus everyone's kids speak Spanish. And I pray a lot to be able to learn the language.
Also this week, we went on exchanges with the Hermana training leaders. I went to there area with Hermana Davies. We had a blasted, laughed a lot and spent the whole day talking like the grinch (that was me fault, I don't know why but lately I keep slipping into the grinch voice). Except of course when we were speaking Spanish. That's a little more difficult. Or we talk in a British accent. Which I don't know if I told you, but when my companion and I knock doors, and accidentally knock a white persons door, we speak to the, in British accents...then they don't slam the door in our face....and since we give them as a referral to the English speaking elders in our area, the never know it's not our real accent. It's fun. We do lots of silly things when we are knocking doors otherwise it just gets so tedious. We tell them a joke right when they open the door, or we say crazy things, I dunno. Someone told me, you can say whatever you want to them to get them to let you come back, as long as it isn't a lie. So we do that. It's been funny. We also always talk in accents when we aren't speaking Spanish. It just happens. My companion and I may or may not have freestyle rapped the first lesson during one of our practices....it was hilarious.
Sorry I went off on a tangent, but anyway, exchanges, so yes, I went there on Thursday night, and came home Friday night. She is awesome, I learned so much and realized some talents that I have and some goals I have for myself also. The coolest thing was that we had this deep talk about how merciful our Savior is and how he really does make your weaknesses strengths, or in my case, he has helped me turn some of my life experiences into things that can help other people with their desire to come unto Christ. So, they have this family investigating and they think that the missionaries have no idea how hard it is to overcome bad habits because they were born and raised in the church and have never lived basically, but I was able to, in not so much detail tell them a bit about my life, and kind of call them to repentance. I was also able to talk to them about my experience being sealed to my family forever, because they have a daughter and are pregnant and they aren't married, and are hesitant to do s. Anyway, I don't know if that makes much sense, but it was so awesome to see that I really can help people because of who I am and my life experiences.
So that was my experience.
Also on Saturday night a member took us to benihana! :) saweet. It was so good. I then went home and drugged myself so that I would stop being sick. It was awful this weekend. Not a joke. Friday I used a roll and a half of toilet paper...my nose has NEVER run that much, and my throat felt like daggers going down it ever time I swallowed and coughed. Everyone of these Hispanics told me to drink lemon juice and honey. So I finally tried it, I will now recommend it to anyone anywhere who has a sorethroar. It tastes gross, but works wonders. I am actually feeling almost back to normal.
My companion and I are doing great, we had a day ish that we were slightly annoyed with each other, but we just said hey I'm annoyed with you because I have spent so much time with you and have realized everything about you that drives me nuts, and then we got over it. So we're good now. Haha she is awesome. I love her lots. Plus her language skills are super strong. And besides that I'm pretty much
already trained so she doesn't stress out about me.
We are spending lots of time working with less actives. There are so many. But we also have some really awesome non members we are working with. I am excited about them. I love when people start to get it, and realize that this is right, this is the way you improve you life, and come unto Christ. This is the way to inexplicable joy.
Oh a cool experience this week, I was driving, and we were in a parking lot trunking a corner, and there was no stop sign or anything, but I thought I should stop and see if there was any cars just in case, and so I stopped, and said out loud, "let's just check and make sure no cars are coming" and right then a car came speeding around the corner of the building where we were about to turn. He almost hit us coming around the corner, but if we hadn't stopped he would have hit us straight one (because this whole story happened in a manner of like 15seconds). It was just a cool experience. It wasn't like oh my goodness. But just a simple way the spirit works, by making you pause and think when your otherwise might not have. It is so awesome to have the spirit with me. The gift of the Holy Ghost is definitely very real and a huge blessing from our father in heaven for our safety and comfort and guidance.
So two other things, Mexicans love Chinese/Asian food, at least the ones here. I don't know why. But I have eaten more Chinese food then anything else besides Mexican food.
It's kind of funny, because even when they make Chinese food, it is still Mexican food. Haha they also make sushi everyone loves sushi. Luckily though they usually make other stuff too, so I haven't had to eat any, and when I have I sneakily put it on my companions plate because she likes it. And then I eat the rice or whatever else they give us. They dish up our plates for us always. Also everyone here drinks bottled water.
The last thing is there are two girls in this ward who have Down's syndrome and let me just tell you, they are ADORABLE. They speak Spanish, and they're young girls, one is in primary, and the other is in young women's. Also....the younger ones name is Johanna. Spelled like mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment