Sunday, May 11, 2014

The week our Wish Was Granted and We Saw Geese Take Flight - Mar 31, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen,
This week sucked, and I don't want to talk about how all of our miracles, and everyone we love, dropped us. Not kidding. Everyone.
So instead I will write about the exciting things coming this week :)
So this coming week, lots of exciting things :)
First, on Friday we have mission Conference. It's going to be (wait for it) legendary. It's called "The Restoration". So we will all be going to this forest, on Friday, and we are going to have what president calls 'a sacred grove' experience. Illinois is an interesting place, and I loved that we are so focused on the Profeta Joseph Smith in this mission since this is the place he died. So
anyway, I digress, in December President Fenn gave us all a Book of Mormon challenge. On Christmas (or somewhere around there), we all started a fresh copy of the Book of Mormon, and he have 3 colored pencils. Red, blue, and yellow. Each went with different topics, which we would highlight as we found while we read. The red signified the Atonement, and the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. Blue signified our missionary purpose, anything that would help us be better missionaries, examples of missionary work etc (I never knew here was so much about missionary work in the Book of Mormon). And yellow signified the gospel of Jesus Christ, so faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. It has been awesome. I will finish the Book of Mormon tomorrow probably. Reading the Book of Mormon by topic, and searching out for these different things has really opened my eyes. It has also really helped my love for the prophet Joseph grow. Anyway so with that as our back drop we are all heading to this forest, and none of us are exactly sure what's going to happen. But you could say we are all pretty pumped about it.
President Fenn is the best, so anytime you can hear from him is
awesome. So I will fill you in on what happened next week :)
Also so pumped for general conference. Honestly we are so blessed to having a living prophet Thomas S. Monson, and living apostles, same as they had when Christ was on the earth and organized his church. I hope you will all prepare spiritually that your hearts might be opened, and that you might receive revelation on how you personally need to become more Christlike in your lives.
This week was hard that is not a lie. I got more mad then I have been on my mission yet, and I also got so burnt out with this area. But that being said, there is always another miracle. For example, I am really grateful for my companion. She has been super helpful and has let me work through my struggles this week, without trying to "fix" me. She has just been really understand that sometimes being a missionary is hard. Especially since she felt pretty much how I felt this week, minus the mad, she doesn't really get mad. And I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, all I wanted to do, was read the Book of Mormon all the time. It bring a such peace to my heart. My relationship with my Savior grows every time I open that book. My relationship with my savior also grew this week, and I turned to him in prayer more fervently to help me. I am grateful to be a missionary, thick or thin. I am grateful for the hard times as well as the good,
because that is when we grow the most. We don't grow very much if at
all when things are easy. I am grateful to be stretched and to be refined, so that I may become the women The Lord has prepared we to become, and wants me to become. How merciful is He that He, "shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; and he shall purify [us], and purge [us] as gold and silver, that [we] may offer unto The Lord an offering of righteousness"(3 Nephi 24:3). I am grateful for our own private Gethsemane's  and Calvary's. For the opportunity to become more like our Savior.
Keep fighting the good fight.
I love you
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment