Sunday, May 11, 2014

The week I learned some really important things - Mar 3, 2014

Hello Ladies and Gents,
How are you all? Fantastic I hope!
So this week was great, I mean all weeks usually end up being great, but some weeks are just better then others. This was one of those weeks. I will get into that later. But first I want to talk a little about something's I learned. I will start with a story that happened on Thursday night at about 8:45. Last person before we went home. So the area books on the iPads have a lot of member records on them that the ward doesn't have because they come straight from Salt Lake, so we have been working on tracking those people down and seeing if they live there still. So Thursday night we went to visit this family who records we have. And they let us right in, and they know who we are. They are super friendly, and seem really great. We sit down, and start getting to know them, finding out their story and such. Long story short, they aren't less actives, they had left the church. They go to another church now. So we start talking about the Book of Mormon because that is our message. And she says to me, "Yeah, well with all due respect, I am not interested, I am focusing on trying to understand the Bible, and that book lies about the Bible". My heart starting pounding. I seriously thought maybe I swallowed a marching band. I think everyone must have been able to hear it, because they all looked at me like I was about to talk. Which was convenient because of course I was. So I opened my mouth, and words just started flowing out. I wasn't even sure what I was saying (cause sometimes I can't understand myself in Spanish). But I spoke with the power and authority that I have as a missionary, and with boldness, and I told that women what I will now tell you. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is the most correct book on the face of the earth. It fully supports the bible as does the bible support the Book of Mormon. You cannot fully believe in the bible and not in the Book of Mormon because they go together. They support each other, and with both we have the fullness of the everlasting gospel. I told her, there is no way for us to enter into Gods presence without the Book of Mormon. The bible is not enough. If it were enough there would not be so many church's. Because everyone would know the right way. Now I said some other stuff, but you get the jist. I know some of you who read this email are not members of our church, and I know that you do not read or believe in the Book of Mormon, and I would like to say something to you all :) Mormons believe in the bible, and we cherish it as the word of God, but we also know that through the years it has been changed, and very precious parts have been removed. For this reason God revealed the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ. It doesn't not take away anything the bible teaches, but adds to it. It helps us to better understand the bible, and the commandments, and the role of our Savior Jesus Christ in our lives. This book was not written by Joseph Smith, he merely translated it, through the power and authority of God. This book was written by prophets of old as was the bible. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he was commanded to translate the Book of Mormon for us, for our benefit. It is through this book that we're learn how we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. It is through this book that we learn how we can stand blameless at the great judgement seat of God. I encourage, and invite you all to read it. To ponder it, and to pray about it. That is all we as missionaries ask, for people to find out for themselves. God does not lie, so he will tell you the truth, he will tell you if this book is true. I promise you will get an answer, and it will change your heart, and your lives. So often we think that we are fine. Life is good. But there is more. More happiness them you have ever before felt, and it is waiting for you in the Book of Mormon.
Now for those whose read this and are members of the church. We meet to many members of this church, who fall away, who don't have a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon. Read it. Pray about it. Cherish it. Quite taking this book for granted. It is a treasure. This gospel is a treasure. There are so many people who don't have the great knowledge and testimony that we have. So many people who haven't experienced the blessing that we have. Read the Book of Mormon. Because if you don't, you will fall away. That is how serious it is. The Book of Mormon is the foundation. I invite you all to begin the Book of Mormon this year, and read the whole thing, and pray about it. Even if you have done it a hundred times, and if you haven't done it ever, well no time like the present.
And everyone should watch this awesome video.
https://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#testimony-of-the-book-of-mormon
But this week was so awesome. We put a lady on date for baptism on March 29th. She is awesome. Finding her was a miracle. We also have two more awesome investigators that we are planning to commit to dates this week. This is the Lords work. We see his hand in our work all the time. I am so grateful to be here. To know these people. To speak this language, and to find Gods elect.
This is the church of God. The same church Jesus Christ established when he was on the earth. I know it.
I love you all

Con Amor,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment