Sunday, May 11, 2014

So much to do, not enough time to do it - Dec 30, 2013

Hey there everyone, sorry my email is so late, I have had a lot to do today. We went to costco, and Nordstrom and such, had a lot of errands to run, and things to do. But anyway, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, mine was awesome :) I had subway for dinner! Haha and opened my presents. Love all of you. And that's what I wanna focus on in this email. I just want to say how grateful I am to all of you for the love and support you have unconditionally shown me. You have all
played very contributing roles in me getting back on a mission, and honestly in helping me grow up. Though I have only been out a couple weeks in the field it feels like forever already, and I have grown and changed so much already and though the mission feels like "a series of disappointments interrupted by moments of inexplicable joy, and miracles"(to quote president Fenn) I am so grateful to be here. This is where I have the opportunity to become who I really want to become. To become the women God wants me to become, and you all have helped me get here. I just wanted to say thank you, and express my love for my family and friends. It truly has deepened as I have been out. My heart has become a lot more open, and I love people so much more. I see them as they can become. It is kind of a incredible thing, it's like all of their weakness and shortcomings fall away and you don't even notice anything but how awesome they are and who they can become as they except our Savior and apply His atoning blood in their lives, and
especially as they follow Him by example into the waters of baptism.
Anyway, yeah, I love you all, and I am hugging you in my mind. Thanks for being awesome, and being apart of my world and my support team.
So, this week I have been focusing a lot of letting go, and trusting. Our Father in heaven is perfect. He knows exactly what is going on. He has figured it all out. He knows me better than I know myself and He has a plan for me, and if I just trust implicitly, then things will more than work out, the will be exactly perfect, because they will go exactly as He wants them too. So I have just been trying to trust more, and rely more fully on that guiding spirit which is The Holy Ghost. It has been cool experience, and deeply humbling as it helps me to realize the hand of The Lord more in my life! and I have become more aware of how much I truly 'need him every hour'. It fills me with gratitude.
Also this week we have knocked into some really amazing people. Well let me start from the beginning, this week we have had little to no success. But that being said we found 3 really cool people. One young family, one young mom, and one old man. They all are just super prepared and we are so excited to teach them. We already invited one to baptism in our first lesson(though it wasn't really a lesson). We are planning on visiting them all this week, so I will keep you
updated.
It has gotten really cold. I was living in ignorant bliss for awhile. But now it is starting to get real cold. Water freezing on the windshield before the windshield wipers can move it....fun times...he wind is what really sucks though. But I got a jacket today so that will be awesome. Cost me a pretty penny though, it was hard to find one (even at Nordstrom Rack). They were picked clean.
Things are going well, I love hearing from all of you. Though I am sorry I don't have tons of time to reply individually to everyone. I have been sick all week, as well as my companion, hers is more of a never ending nose running, and mine is more of a I can't talk or sing because my throat hurts. But we have both been getting better.
Anyway, I love you. Happy new year! I will be in bed at 10:30. Sleeping when the new year rolls in. Haha holidays are weird on the mission. Be safe. Choose the right.

Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment