Thursday, March 17, 2016

Daily Sustenance - March 30th, 2015

Dearest Familia,

Well this week we have transfers and I will start my last transfer in

the mission! That's pretty crazy. I'm going to be staying here and

dying in Beloit. I get to finish training Hermana Diaz, that'll be

great! It helps me to stay focused, because I am trying to figure out

how to help her. It also super strange to be starting my last full

month of the mission this week. But April is going to be a month of

miracles. Hermana Diaz and I have set some awesome goals that are

really going to help us stretch and do all we can in this last month.

I'm excited to see the miracles come!

I also learned an interesting lesson this week about receiving daily

bread from Heavenly Father. Being towards the end of my mission I

can't think very far into the future or things get a little foggy.

Recently I read this amazing talk by Elder Christofferson called "Give

us This Day our Daily Bread" and it has really helped me. It talks all

about how in life we are always told to prepare for the future, and

what's coming and while that is good, sometimes we just need to focus

on the day to day, and seek daily bread from Heavenly Father. So

lately I have just been trying to seek daily bread from Heavenly

Father, and not focus so much on getting through all the way to the

end, or the week, but getting through the day. To be able to focus to

the end of the day and do what the day requires of me. I'm trying to

be as diligent as I can and work as hard as I can. I want to see

miracles and I want to leave my mission the best I have ever been.


Also, I'm studying Portuguese, I can't remember if I told you that,

it's pretty hard. Totally different then Spanish in the speaking, but

yet really similar. We are teaching in Portuguese, so I'm learning.

Who knows maybe I will come home trilingual. Lol :p


I love you all. I am excited to see you soon! :) fight the good fight,

all the way to the end.

❤️Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment