Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Best Valentine's Day Ever - February 19th, 2015

Family, Friends, Others,

This was the best Valentine's Day in the whole word!! 

ANGEL GOT BAPTIZED! 

You don't even know how much I love this boy. I hope you remember him from my other emails. He is the 9yr old son of Johanna who I taught in Rockford. That baptism was so special. The spirit was so strong, and I admit it, I cried. He got baptized all by himself, no one else in his family is baptized yet. He is just so great. Hermana Hunsaker and I just hugged each other and cried. It was the best moment I have had on my mission. I love Angel so much. After he was baptized he said, "I feel happier than I have felt in my whole life". They were also happy I was there and they gave me huge hugs. I love that family so much. They are apart of my heart. When angel hugged me he just looked up at me with these eyes, like I had made a difference in his life or something. It was a tender moment. Then later I talked to Johanna and she was just talking to me about what has been going on and she thanked me for not ever giving up on her. She just told me how much she loves me, and I cried again. (Haha I am getting weak in my old age 😉). Plus I was able to see some families from a Rockford that I love so much, like Yuri and Rafael. It was the best day ever. 

Later that same day, we got transfer calls.....dun dun dun.... I am staying in Beloit, and Hermana Neff is taking a short little trip down to ROCKFORD!!! To work in my old area, with Angel's family :) how awesome is that!! I'm not sure who my new companion is yet, because I am training again 😃 I am really excited to be training again, I love it. It teaches me so much and feel that confirmation over and over that I am suppose to be doing it. This is likely how I will end my mission, since I have 12 weeks left and that is how long the training program is. That's cool with me, I really like where I am at now. 

 Other random things, we went on exchanges this week. It was cool, I went to Wheaton with Hermana Torres who is finishing her mission and going home on Saturday. Also most of my companions are leaving on Saturday except for my children and Hermana Miller. (I will know practically no one in the mission). Also yesterday was a month before my birthday exactly. Just so no one forgets 😄

Well I will fill you in on more on Monday. I'll update you on the awesome people we are working with in Beloit, but for now, I just wanted to give you the awesome highlights and send some great  pictures :) you're going to like them!!!! 

I love you all. I love being a missionary. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He loves us. I know that God hears and answers all honest prayers. I know that this is the church with the authority of Jesus Christ, because I know the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and Joseph Smith was a prophet. Fight the good fight family! 2 more to go. 

Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment