Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Oh this week - May 27th, 2014

Hey there,
So I didn't email yesterday because we work on holidays. So today was
my p day. So this week has been quite a week. I feel like the days
were long and the nights extremely short. I have been exhausted all
week. I just slept like 2.5hrs. Which rarely happens. Normally I sleep
about 30mins if I am taking a nap. But anyway on to the week. This
week we had exchanges which were awesome! Since we are so far away
when we have exchanges they both come to our apartment and stay the
night. They usually plan it when they have to come down for our zone
conference so this week we also had zone conference. So the Hermana
training leaders got here on Tuesday night. So I will start on
Tuesday. Tuesday was great until we had to bike forever. We were
riding the bus that day but there wasn't going to be a bus that would
take us to our meeting at the church on time so we took our bikes and
rode as far as we could. Well turns out we got off quite a few stops
too early. So we had to bike really far to the church. I thought I
liked riding bikes.....nope, I hate it. Plus we had to ride during our
dinner hour.....so I didn't eat. And we were late to our meeting.
Anyway, luckily we left our bikes at the church and got a ride home.
When we got there the Hermanas were there. They were a breathe of
fresh air. I was on exchanges with Hermana Swain and even though
exchanges here are a little funny and the four of us spend a lot of
time together. There was times when it was just me and her and it was
such a relief to have someone to confide in and to let out all this
stuff I was carrying inside, to express all my frustration of this
transfer. She didn't judge me or make me feel unjustified in how I was
feeling. She just let me get it all out and helped me to set goals to
grow and overcome and improve. I felt so relieved after exchanges.
Then they came with us zone conference which was so awesome. I just
felt like everything that they were teaching was something I really
needed to hear. Usually at our zone meetings the Hermana training
leaders and the zone leaders and the assistants to the president, and
President Fenn. Everything was so wonderful and helped me so much with
things I had questions about or things I was studying, or things that
ended up coming up in lessons the following days or things we were
doing. It was so great. We have such awesome leaders in this mission.
I feel so blessed to be a part of such an awesome mission with such
great missionaries. President Fenn is seriously the greatest person. I
love him.
I love that Heavenly Father and His plan for me. He really knows
exactly what I need to grow and  how far I can be stretched before I
break. He knows my weaknesses and He strengthens me in these areas as
I am obedient and strive to be better. He loves me and He knows me. I
see that so many times a day. He answers my prayers, even the small
ones that seem unimportant. He answers the unspoken prayers of my
heart. The things I am just pondering. He helps me to glimpse who I
can become and to have an eternal perspective. Lately I have been
praying a lot to really have the spirit guide me more in everything I
do, and almost overnight I have felt and seen a difference. He is
listening. I am His daughter. I know it. I love when I feel the spirit
working through me. I personally grow so much in these moments and am
filled with true joy and love.
This week has been hard to be honest. Not just all the exterior
things, with the heat and walking all over creation, or feeling like I
am not getting enough sleep to sustain me, but in my companionship as
well. Things have been stressful. Tense. I am not sure what to do at
this point but that's okay. I am sure the sun will come out tomorrow.
It will just be 100 degrees. Haha

We have been teaching really awesome lessons lately. We have met a few
people that are just so prepared. And though there isn't the perfect
unity in the companionship, the people are great and the spirit has
made up for our weaknesses. I am so excited to see the miracles coming
up. It feels like spring, like all the flowers are starting to bloom
with miracles. I know I am in this area for a reason and though it is
hard, and feels mostly like a constant battle. I want these mountains,
it isn't easy but it is making me stronger. I want to be more like my
Savior and I know these trials are tailor made for me to help me grow
in ways that will make me more like Jesus Christ. That will refine me
and make me better than I was. Your prayers are appreciated.
I will see you all in about 9 Fast Sundays. Weird right? It was one of
those weeks I counted. Haha no judgement. I love you. Fight the good
fight.
Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment