Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The week of Adventures - July 14th, 2014

Dearest Family,
How goes it everyone?
This week was an adventure like all weeks on the mission :) We had
zone conference and exchanges, we visited another church...yeah that
happened, we put someone on date to be baptized. Yay! And we mended a
broken relationship. It was exciting :) we got to wear jeans, I got a
hair cut, we had zone activity on preparation day, we showed up to
teach someone and they were having a party so we joined them for a
taco....it could of been really awkward, it wasn't. So yeah that was
the week.
See you next week :)

Just kidding :)

So I will start with last Monday, we had zone p day which is awesome.
We played soccer, and ultimate frisbee, and tried to play frisbee golf
but the elders never found where #1 was so we didn't play. It was
super fun. And I got to wear jeans!!!! Yay! So that's was cool. We
never have zone p days because we all live so far apart. But it was
fun.
Then on Wednesday we went on exchanges which are always the best
because I learn so much and miracles happen. I was with Hermana Swain
and she is about to go home next week :( so I will start at the
beginning. The first people we saw were Kehila and Carlos, our only
members, and they now have a non member cousin living withy them named
Francisco. He is the elect! He has come to FHE with a family in the
ward, and he loved it. Then we finally had a real lessons with him and
we taught him the restoration and he such great questions about
baptism and the Virgin Mary (for those of you who don't know, Mexicans
worship the Virgin Mary before anyone else, so that is always a
problem). So then we invited him to be baptized and he said YES! So he
is going to be baptized August 16th. I so so so badly want him to be
baptized. He is great and the gospel will bless him so much. Hermana
Swain and I found so many really great people that day, some of whom
we taught. I am so excited about them. The English sisters who we
share a car with were also on exchanges so their was 8 of us sharing a
car and 2 bus passes. It was fun. So that night we filled out exchange
sheets, and talked about goals and I was telling her all the ways I
wanted to be better...by SEEKING the spirit and being more humble,
more obedient, getting over my fears, or awkwardness, internalizing my
purpose, being professional at all times etc. I want to improve in
like a million ways. I feel like I am losing all my battles and my
personal opposition is great is great and she helped me. It was
humbling but growing experience.
Then on Thursday, we all went to zone conference which was THE BOMB!
everything Hermana Swain and I talked about, they talked about.
Obedience, sacrifice, baptism, diligence, being professional, and it
was cool because I felt this huge need to repent of something on every
topic, but is also felt this deep desire to be 100% better and to not
be lazy and prideful and squander my time in the mission because it is
precious, especially because I am almost half way. That scares me and
makes me excited all at once. But it was probably the best zone
conference I have had. I just want to be better.
Then on Friday we had like the best planning session EVER! So many
great goals, so many good plans. This next week, and this next month
are going to be so full of MIRACLES! Yay. Then another great lesson
with Francisco.
We taught like a ton of lessons this week which was so great.
So on Sunday.....no one came to church.....worst part of the week, but
next week there will be a ton! But on Sunday, all day we were both
feeling like we needed to go see Karla and Carlos, especially when
they didn't show up to church. But we had an appointment later so we
didn't want to come by early. But we finally just decided to go right
after church, and when we got there, Carlos answered and he told us
Karla want there, she had left.....really left....they broke up. It
was devastating. He was just there looking all heartbroken, but I mean
we can't do much he is a man....and he is 21.... But it was sad. So we
told him to read and pray, and prayed with him, and left. Haha but
when we went outside, to call Karla, she showed up and we sat with her
outside, and talked with her, and shared 'The Family: A Proclamation
to the World' with her. And she was heartbroken too. They both were
feeling the same thing. They just love each other. So we were able to
give her some gospel related advice, and pray with her, and send her
inside. We left her all of us feeling like it would all be okay. So
hopefully it will be! They are just young, 20 & 21, living hard lives,
and having a baby in a relationship they rushed into. But it will be
okay. We love them so much. They are just facing so much opposition
because they are on the verge of greatness. So pray for them please!
:) I love them so much.
So that was my week in a nutshell.
I love being a missionary. I have changed so much. I have been forced
to face so many weaknesses, and learn to trust in The Lord more then I
ever had. But the blessings that come in return are innumerable. I
love the Book of Mormon and the scriptures more then I ever have  I
just appreciate them so much more, and understand how critically
important they are in order to have a lasting conversion. I love
church and that it really is an opportunity to renew our covenants,
and renew ourselves in order to face another place. In the church is
refuge for the soul against the world. I love my savior Jesus Christ.
I love his atonement and that I can change and become better everyday.
This is the church if Jesus Christ on the earth again. Stay true to
it. Put your roots in deep, then comes the blessings.
Fight the good fight friends.
I love you dearly

La Misionera Tuya,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment