Thursday, March 17, 2016

Rockford Diaries Week 12: 4-3-2-1-Done? - November 24th, 2014

Mis Queridos,

Well I will just let you know right off the bat, I am not getting
transferred and neither is Hermana Hunsaker. 2nd time in my whole
mission. It pretty weird. But I am super excited. We get to spend the
holidays together now and that'll be awesome. So the branch we are
serving in has 3 sets of missionaries, well the area where the other
set of hermanas work is being closed, and what that means is our area
just grew drastically. So that'll be fun. Especially since the month
of December is going to be crazy. But we're excited because all of our
members live in the other area. Also this is the beginning of my 4 to
done transfer.....or in other words, I only have 4 transfers left.
Something about that just doesn't seem right.

Anyway....on with the week....

This was an alright week, and by alright I mean I definitely got
called to repentance by The Lord. Things in Rockford have been well,
how about I put it this way, everyone we are teaching is circling the
drain right now. So we have been discussing the root of the problem
since they're all at the same point, and after several discussion, and
The Lord slowly but surely humbling me and preparing me enough to hear
what He has been trying to tell me. I realized part of the problem was
definitely me. In these last few weeks I become really selfish and
self absorbed. Not in the snotty 17yr old way, but in the wow, I have
spent most of my time the last few weeks focused on myself, and my
struggles, my successes, my future, me, me, and more me. I forgot that
I represent Jesus Christ 'at all times, and in all things, and in all
places'. These people are partly circling the drain because I didn't
focus on them the way they deserved. Let me tell you, it was a tough
pill to swallow. But I learned something, or was reminded of something
I already know, the power of the atonement and how incredibly merciful
our Father in Heaven is. Through the Atonement comes guilt as well as
hope of change. Because though I felt shame like I have not felt since
the days I use to kick it with Alma the Younger and the sons of Mosiah
(pre-heavenly messenger days), I also recognized that I could change
right there in that moment. So I did. And the Lord is merciful. He
begins blessing you and helping you along the way, the very moment you
get the twinkling of an idea that you should repent. So we have set
goals and made plans and we are going to run like the wind (bullseye)
all the way through this next transfer. And when I say run like the
wind, I mean bundle up and trek through some snow and wind. But The
Lord has already been blessing us. They day after this day, we had one
of the best most successful days I have had in Rockford. We found some
super solid investigators. We have follow up lessons with them this
week, so if it goes well I will write you about them next week.

So some updates, we have Mariana on date, but she hasn't really talked
to us in a couple weeks, so we are pretty nervous about that. We saw
her yesterday for a minute and she seemed great, but then when we
texted her later, she still didn't reply. So please pray for her. She
is amazing.

Well every companionship in our district has been effected by
transfers except ours, so this next transfer will be pretty
interesting. But we are really excited about it.

Well I can't really think of much more to say. That was basically the
week. I just want to be better and do more, and give more. I want to
be the missionary this area, my companion, and these people deserve.
So I will take my own advice and fight the good fight. Happy
Thanksgiving to you all. I love you.

Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment