Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Happy Halfway - August 11th, 2014

Dearest Familia,
This week was pretty good :) slower then the last few weeks have been
in this area, but still good. So I have nine months left from today.
Weird. My companion made me a nice little sign. :)




So that last email I sent was suppose to have a lot more in it and it
all got deleted, so I am kind of bitter and I don't really want to
write it all again. So sorry.
So it is kind of weird to be half way. I don't really feel any
different. I have so many goals, and things to learn and not enough
time to do it all! These next 9 months are going to he tungsten 9
months. So I made a list of anything and everything I could every want
to accomplish while on my mission. (Idea from Hermana child). I know
there are a lot of things I won't necessarily be able to do. But it's
like a bucket list for my mission. So I am excited to get started on
it and add other things along the way so that I can get the most out
of my mission.
But the biggest highlight of this week was zone training. Zone
training is the best. President Fenn was back to his ol' self. He was
happy, excited, passionate, and cracking jokes. I love President Fenn
so much. My favorite thing that he does is so métis he will be talking
and he will crack a joke that might be slightly inappropriate, well
not really, but for example, "God doesn't give revelation to
chickens....baaakkkk....I had to make a sound effect, it makes me
happy". He is so funny. Or after zone training he came up to me and my
companion and some other Hermanas and said, "Do you want to hear my
donkey noise?" And of course we did and so he proceeded to make his
eeeeehaaaaaa sounds. It was hilarious. Or he says things, talking
about our investigators who drop us, "If they want to remain in
perpetual slug hood, well I guess that's their choice". Haha or when
talking about the blessings and sacrifices required he says, "You get
eternal life thats what motivates me, otherwise I would be out riding
my Harley Davidson every Sunday. I do it because I want to be with her
[points to sister Fenn]  and she is a fiiiiinnne women, let me tell
you". So anyway, when he makes these remarks, he will look over at
sister Fenn to see if she is smiling, or if he is in trouble. It's
funny. It was really great to see president happy again. He has been
going through a lot. I love President Fenn a lot. I want to be like
him when I grow up.
We also rode bikes really far this week (well really far for being in
the big city) and it was my companions first time so it took us a
while to get going. It was great. I love her!
Well there wasn't much this week. It was the same as most weeks. But I
love being a missionary. I love riding bikes(I actually do). I love
climbing this mountain and seeing where it will take me. Seriously the
mission has been the greatest thing for my life and I know it will be
for my future. Everyone should be a missionary. I know that our Savior
lives. I know this is his church. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I
finished it again this week and I love it so much. I know that if we
read it 15mins a day a least and live by it's principles we will gain
eternal life. That book brings us closer to God and Jesus Christ. So
read the Book of Mormon. Pull yourself out of the world and read the
Book of Mormon to remind yourself we are spiritual beings.
I love you.
Fight the good fight.
La Misionera Tuya,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment