Thursday, March 17, 2016

Rockford Diaries Week 16: Unusual amounts of stress - December 22nd, 2014

Dearest Family and Friends,

Well as my subject says, there has been an unusual amount of stress in
our lives lately. This week has been a series of bombshells and things
we just don't know how to deal with. It's been fun.... At least I'm
learning that my body begins rejecting me when it is stressed and
starts to have a mind of its own. There is just lots going on. This
area is a series of situations we have never encountered, (and by we I
mean I, because I am suppose to know what to do) and don't know how to
respond to. But things are going good. We are making headway in most
aspects. Pray for me!

Well we are still working with Johanna. They didn't come to church
this week. And that was quite a blow. We went to their house before
church and they were all ready and said they were coming and then just
never showed. It was like the most depressing Sunday in a long time.
Probably since the beginning of my mission, when the brutal reality of
no one ever coming to church hit me. But we are still working with her
and her family. They're doing well. We had a really amazing member
lesson with them on Tuesday. The spirit was so strong and that's part
of the reason we were so bummed about church. But we will see them
tomorrow and see how it goes.

We also found Mariana again. Remember how she was going to be baptized
December 20th. Well then she dropped off the face of the earth and
moved....our worst nightmare, but she finally got ahold of us and told
us where she lived and told us to come over. She lives right by all
our other progressing investigators which is super nice and we went
and saw her on Sunday and had a pretty straightforward lesson with her
about what was required and she said she really wants to change, so we
will see how it goes this time.

I love my Savior so much and I am so excite to celebrate His birth. I
know it is because of the nature of His birth that makes possible the
Atonement. I know He lived every moment of His life for us. He set the
perfect example of who we should be and how we should live. I know He
isn't just some nice idea we teach about to help people be better, but
I know with all of my heart that He is our Savior. I know that He
brings a peace I can't explain or understand or feel anywhere else.
There have been several time lately when I personally or Hermana
Hunsaker and I together have had to kneel in prayer and plead for
peace and strength to carry on, to be patient. And that peace comes.
It fills my soul in a way I don't know how to explain. I love my
Savior and I know that He has given with the strength to impact my
circumstances. I have been reading and studying in the Book of Mormon
a lot about the Atonement and I have come to understand better that
the power of the atonement allows us to continue on in strength and
faith and make an impact in our circumstances rather than being the
people that always ask for our circumstances to change. So I have been
trying to be more like that. I know that I am a representative of
Jesus Christ. I know my calling is real and came to me through the
prophet of God on the earth today. I am so grateful to spend this
Christmas season leading people to the real reason for this holiday.
To help remind them to follow their Savior and to bring them to Him.
Especially when they're lost and don't know how.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and will spend some of
your day sharing the gift with others. Because He truly is the Gift.
He is not part of the reason for Christmas. He is the reason. The only
reason. Allow that to fill your hearts.

I love you so much. Thank you for all your love and support and
prayers. Fight the good fight, as I will try to continue doing.

Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment