Thursday, March 17, 2016

Manuel Got Baptized - March 16th, 2015

So this week was great :)

The sun was shining almost everyday and it was really quite warm. I
have even able to stop wearing tights!! :) yay! Today is 73!

But best news of the week is that Manuel got baptized. Man I love that
kid. He is so awesome :) I forgot how much stress it is to put a
baptism together and make sure it all goes well. You just want them to
be by your side every minute of everyday up till their baptism so you
can make sure nothing bad happens, and nothing goes wrong. So first
things first, he had his interview on Friday and while we were sitting
there waiting for him to finish being interviewed I was so nervous and
I think it was in that minute that I realized how much I love this
little boy and his family, I wanted him to be baptized. And he passed
and it did all go well, right up until Sunday, when he showed up 15
minutes late to church!! We were stressing out. He was able to be
confirmed still, but after the passed the sacrament instead of before.
But overall it was a really good day. Their mom came to church for the
2nd time ever and she liked church a lot :) so that's always great
news :)

Things here have been going great :) this week is my birthday and we
have new missionary training tomorrow and then sisters conference on
Thursday. So that's exciting, more opportunities to hear from
President Fenn! I love my companion Hna Diaz, she is a really good
missionary and always helps me to be better too. We have some amazing
conversations that have really helped me grow and receive revelation
for a future life. For example, I want to raise my children to be like
Captain Moroni, defenders of truth and righteousness, no matter the
cost.  I'm growing so much. Learning so much, even now at the end and
I am so grateful. I love Heavenly Father so much. His mercy and his
grace fill me and help me to be more than I could ever be on my own as
well as helping me to keep pushing forward and progressing.

I love you all. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that this is His
church, with His authority. I love the Book of Mormon. The more I read
it, the more I want everyone to read it! It answers all questions,
resolves all concerns, teaches all people, and shows the way home. I
get so excited every time I read because it's truly a blessing that we
have the Book of Mormon. It shows the mercy of our Father in Heaven.
He wants us to come home. I know that this is the way home, this is
the "yellow brick road". It brings peace and happiness and safety for
the soul. I am filled with gratitude at the opportunity I have had to
bring souls to Christ, to teach them how to access his atonement. I
know this work is true as I have never known anything else. I want to
bring people to Christ not because I am not secure in my faith but
because I know the joy and peace it had brought me and I want all my
loved ones and all of God's children to experience that as well. I
share this incredible message not because I have to but because I want
to. I pray that people will open their hearts and their minds and
listen, as Alma says, "experiment" and see for themselves. It changes
likes. It makes bad people good and good people better and it helps
better people to truly become saints of God. This is the power of our
message.

I love you all. Fight the good fight.

♥️Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment