Thursday, March 17, 2016

Rockford Diaries Week 13: Finding Bigfoot - December 1st, 2014

Dearest Familia y Friends,

Well this will be short because I have had a busy day!

So Thanksgiving was great, because we actually had two thanksgivings.
So we were pretty stuffed. Both families made American Thanksgivings
which we were not expecting. But it was good, lots of laughs too. But
I of course missed all of you.

So this week was full of some good conversations with my companion. I
love her so much. We have these serious talks where we both walk away
having learned so much. That was basically the week, I feel like we
had one of those every day.

I am excited to skype you all on Christmas!

I love being a missionary. I am learning so much and growing so much.
It is the best thing that anyone can do. I hope everyone that can will
choose to do it. I feel my Saviors love daily. Especially when I pray.
That's what I was reminded of this week, the power and importance of
prayer. When we pray specifically, we get specific answers and
blessings. Prayer is an opportunity for us to align our will with
God's. It's not a time to call up a bunch of requests, but God does
expect us to ask for the things that we need. I love prayer because I
feel heaven so close when I am praying, almost tangible.

I am also so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and all that he has
done for me. I can change and improve everyday. I can overcome the
deepest of wounds, and overcome the biggest of weaknesses. The
Atonement is the light when we are surround by darkness, and ugliness
in the world. The Atonement is the hope when everything is broken and
there is nothing we can do to fix it. The Atonement is the love that
fills us when we feel lost and alone, without purpose or direction. As
we go through the moments in our lives where all we can do is cling to
the Atonement, those are the moments we come to KNOW our Savior. In
Spanish it is conocer, which is different than knowing facts about
something or someone, it means to be familiar with, to know someone on
a personal level. That's what I mean when I say know. And as we come
to know our Savior, we become like Him. Our light, and our lives come
to reflect Him and his teachings. So this Christmas season, remember
why we even celebrate Christmas. He was born to save us all, to succor
us all, which literally means, to run to us. So even as we are going
through trials, difficulties, sorrow, pain, or joy, He is running to
us. That's why we celebrate this time of year. So if you have faith in
Jesus Christ, if you love Him, let your actions reflect that. Because
as the bible says, "faith without works is dead". Let us remember our
Savior. Be a little kinder. Love a little more. Forgive, ourselves and
others, let us fill our lives with the teaching of our Savior, whose
glorious birth we celebrate.

I love you all. I hope to hear from you. Fight the good fight!

❤️Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment