Thursday, March 17, 2016

I always thought cheaters didn't win - February 2nd, 2015

Family,

Well what a day yesterday. We got hit by a huge snow storm, so big the
cancelled church, we got to watch the Super Bowl though so that was
cool!! Except the Seahawks lost. :( and I was kidding about being able
to watch the Super Bowl. That wasn't a thing. We just sat inside all
day and tried not to go crazy. It was a long day. It just snowed and
snowed all day long. Plus it was so windy, every time the wind hit the
house I was so grateful to not be a pioneer.

Well this week I learned a lot. Especially about being a better
missionary. I love the times when I just feel myself growing, being
made more than I naturally am through the grace of Jesus Christ. I
have such a testimony of the grace of Jesus Christ. It is real and
makes us more than we are, better than we are.

This week we put an awesome 9yr old on date to be baptized. He is
going to be baptized February 18th. His 10yr old brother is also
praying about being baptized that day. They're awesome. The younger
one is Manuel and the older one Edward. Their mom is super supportive
of them being baptized, though she doesn't really want to do much
right now. So we are really excited about them. They can use all your
prayers because they need to come to church the next two Sunday's if
the want to be baptized. I love those kids a lot. They're so smart!!

This week we also had new missionary training meeting which was
awesome. I love anytime I get to hear from President Fenn and he said
some really nice things to me about how I was doing as a trainer, and
that was sweet.

Well today was a busy day, we went to lunch with Hermana Hunsaker and
her companion :) love her!! She told me all about what's going on in
my old area and we mourned the ridiculous loss of the Seahawks.
Especially since we hate the patriots. Cheaters. Then we did some
shopping so Hermana Neff could get a new wardrobe. So I don't have
much time to do anything.

Just know that I know this church is true, I know that we need to be
baptized by someone who hold the authority of Jesus Christ if we want
to be saved and I know that that authority a restored by the prophet
Joseph Smith. I finished reading the Book of Mormon again this week
and I know with all of my heart that book is scripture. It testifies
of Jesus Christ and teaches us how to follow Him and be saved. It
brings such clarity and peace to me. I know that we have a loving
Heavenly Father who cares for us and answers our prayers. He wants to
talk to us and give us answers, as we are willing to seek and pay the
price for those answers, as well as act with real intent.

As I near the end of my mission I am trying to learn and grow as much
as I can. I just applied to BYU so your prayers are welcome in that
regard. I love Beloit. It's hard, but I love this Ward and I love this
work. I am striving to be focused and consecrated and give The Lord
all I have till the very end.

I love you. Fight the good fight.

Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment