Thursday, March 17, 2016

Heavenly Father cares so much - March 9th, 2015

Mis Queridos,

This week has had its fair share of ups and downs. But something
really cool happened. First, our boys on date didn't come to church on
Sunday. They are suppose to be baptized on Saturday. So the ward was
pretty much like "what's going on?" and we didn't know, so they
decided not to announce the baptism and basically told us we shouldn't
be baptizing them if they don't come to church the Sunday before their
baptism. We of course are upset because we don't know what's going on.
So with all of this on our minds we go into our companionship study.
We are going through it all, trying to figure out what to do. Edward
hasn't been to church enough, so he won't be baptized on Saturday, but
his little brother has, and he loves it. He even bore his testimony
last week in sacrament meeting about how excited he was. So we were
just going through all the pros and cons of the situation. Really
"studying it out in [our] minds". So by the end we weren't sure what
to do. We wanted to baptize Manuel this week, but it might not be the
best idea. So we of course decided to pray. I offered that prayer,
trying really hard to follow the spirit and to know what to ask for
and to listen for revelation. When I opened my eyes at the end of the
prayer, the first thing I thought was "March 14th". My heart was
pounding and I felt undeniably good about it. But I was worried that
it was just me wanting that. So I waited and gave Hermana Diaz time to
think as we kneeled there, and then she said, "I think we should
baptize Manuel on Saturday still" and I told her how I felt and we
both just felt so good about it. I immediately had doubts and began to
question, but even with those, I couldn't deny that I felt right and
had received revelation. We decided to do it. I just felt so grateful
and humbled reflecting on that experience. It's incredible that the
Ruler of the Universe listens to my prayers and answers me, a weak and
unprofitable servant. I have just really felt strongly this week how
much God really does care, and how amazing that is. We are small specs
compared to His creations and yet He cares so much. It's incredible.
That was my week. I just feel so change. My heart has been changed so
much throughout my mission. My deep desire is to return to home. It's
the longing of my soul. It's amazing to see the work the Lord has
worked inside of me. I'm just so humbled by his work. I just want to
be better everyday.
Sorry this email is so short, but thee are basically the highlights of
the week. My birthday is so close, that's awesome :)
That was basically the week. Things are going well. I love being a
missionary so much! I hope all is well. I love you all. Fight the good
fight. :)

Love,
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment